Comment on page
Gasless mode allows the users of the EYWA ecosystem to conveniently perform cross-chain operations by paying an entire commission for its execution in a source chain. Gasless greatly simplifies an interaction with the cross-chain products of the EYWA ecosystem. It vanishes the necessity for the users to pay commissions in many assets and allows them to choose in which asset of a source network to pay the commission.
Currently, the user can pay a cross-chain transaction fee with the native asset of the source network.
We plan to implement the following functionality in the future, user can pay a cross-chain transaction fee uses:
- With the token sent from the body of the transaction;
- In EYWA tokens;
The cross-chain transaction causes a sequential code execution within multiple blockchains. As any interaction with the blockchain is paid with gas, in order to successfully complete the cross-chain transaction, it is necessary to pay for its execution in each of the networks.
Consider an example of the cross-chain transaction: you exchange the assets from the Ethereum network for the assets from the BNB Chain using a cross-chain pool located in Fantom. The given exchange transaction simultaneously affects three blockchains: Ethereum → Hub chain → BNB Chain. To successfully complete the transaction, gas must be successively paid in ETH, FTM and BNB assets. From the user's point of view, this would mean that he / she needs to sign three transactions in different blockchains. It is time consuming and inconvenient.
The Gasless infrastructure, created by the EYWA team, takes over the job of paying for the user's cross-chain transaction in different blockchains. By using Gasless, the user only needs to pay for the transaction once in the source network via one of the proposed ways. Further, the cross-chain transaction will be completely executed without his / her participation.
When using the EYWA products, you can choose one of the following payment methods for the cross-chain transactions:
- 1.Payment for the cross-chain transaction with the native asset of the source network. In this case, the user will be offered to pay for the cross-chain transaction in the native asset of the source network;
- 2.Payment in the token sent from the body of the transaction. In this case, the user will be proposed to pay for the cross-chain transaction in the token being sent. The commission will be included to the body of the transaction that the user will be signing;
- 3.Payment for the cross-chain transactions in the EYWA tokens. In this case, the user will be prompted to pay for the cross-chain transaction in the EYWA tokens. The commission will be included to the body of the transaction that the user will be signing. Payment in the EYWA tokens is the cheapest way to pay for the transaction and saves the user up to 10-20% of the commission.
The easiest way to perceive Gasless is as follows: you pay to the Gasless infrastructure in any way convenient for you and Gasless guarantees the successful execution of the cross-chain transaction on your behalf.
The transaction payment process is implemented as follows:
- 1.Sending the meta-transaction to the EYWA Pusher. The user sends the signed meta-transaction to the EYWA Pusher. The meta-transaction comprises the description of the cross-chain transaction that the user wants to perform. The meta-transaction does not require the gas payment, as it is a regular Internet request and is not executed on any blockchain.
- 2.Estimating the price of the cross-chain transaction on the EYWA Pusher. The EYWA server estimates an amount of gas each network will need to successfully complete the cross-chain transaction. Based on the given information, the transaction price in the native asset of the network and a deadline until which the determined price is valid are being calculated.
- 3.Signing the cross-chain transaction by the user. The user is offered to sign the cross-chain transaction, which already includes the commission calculated in the Step 2.
- 4.Executing the cross-chain transaction by the Gasless infrastructure. After the user signs the cross-chain transaction, the commission is sent to the smart contract of the Gasless infrastructure. Subsequently, the Gasless infrastructure performs the cross-chain transaction on behalf of the user.
If the user does not signed the proposed transaction before the specified deadline, the Gasless infrastructure will not perform the cross-chain transaction at the previously proposed price. In this case, the user needs to send the meta-transaction again to get the actual price.